Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Break?!

I decided yesterday that I needed to take a small break from P90X.....yes, you read that correctly. I'm taking a BREAK! A week or two in length. The reason is mainly because I feel like I'm hitting a plateau and I need to mix things up a bit to confuse my body.  I tend to push myself too hard during workouts and I want to do switch things around . I also feel like I'm gaining a lot of muscle, especially in my arms. My dad, being the oh-so-considerate "father" he was, used to always tease me as a teen and say that no matter what I did, or how much weight I lost I would still have a "manly body" His words still affect how I look at myself, even to this day. I suppose his comment was partially true because I do tend to bulk up quickly when I lift weights. I actually like the way my arms are toning up and I'm proud of all the hard work I've done! 



I'm going to be doing Turbo Jam this week and next, lots of fun cardio kickboxing! I will start back up with P90X after that and go from there. I will also continue doing Ab ripperX 2-3x a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment